Issues with installing DR 9 on Mac OSX 10.10.5

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

FPCreative

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 pm

I'm trying to install DaVinci Resolve 9 (that came with the Cinema 2.5k camera) on a early 2009 mac pro osx yosemite 10.10.5. However upon stalling I get a warning that says, "This installer requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later to run" Please advise.

carlomacchiavello

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 9:18 pm

Installer search a specific os version, may be that you need specific skill and an app like pacifist to open installer, modify it to allow to install on recent os
Anyway, with old dongle you can install more recent version of resolve.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

FPCreative

Re: Issues with installing DR 9 on Mac OSX 10.10.5

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 2:39 pm

so I just upgrade my mac to high sierra 10.13, and downloaded DR 11 but am still getting the same error.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 4:55 pm

That's a misleading error. Yosemite and higher are too new to install Resolve 9 on.

Why in the world do you want to use Resolve 9?

All Resolve versions from 10.1.5 to current are available on the BMD web site:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion

Download and install something newer. On the web site, for any of the versions less than a few years old, the ones that say Studio require a Studio license, either a USB dongle or activation code. The ones that don't say Studio, or that have Lite in the name, are the free versions.

The version 9 you got with the Cinema 2.5K camera was the free version. The installer for that probably has Lite in the name. Unless you got a Resolve USB dongle with the camera. But pretty sure that camera did not include a Studio dongle.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

carlomacchiavello

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:That's a misleading error. Yosemite and higher are too new to install Resolve 9 on.

Why in the world do you want to use Resolve 9?

All Resolve versions from 10.1.5 to current are available on the BMD web site:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion

Download and install something newer. On the web site, for any of the versions less than a few years old, the ones that say Studio require a Studio license, either a USB dongle or activation code. The ones that don't say Studio, or that have Lite in the name, are the free versions.

The version 9 you got with the Cinema 2.5K camera was the free version. The installer for that probably has Lite in the name. Unless you got a Resolve USB dongle with the camera. But pretty sure that camera did not include a Studio dongle.

I had used in past 2.5k from a friend, and he just had a studio dongle of Resolve, like when i bought bmpc4k. In that period smaller cam like pocket had free only.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 9:05 pm

@carlo: That's possible then.

@Tim Tschudin: If you DO have a Resolve Studio USB dongle, then download and install Resolve 16.2.8 Studio. That will run on High Sierra.

Resolve 15.3.1 will also work. But not sure why you'd want to use a older version than is necessary.

All the above assumes you have an adequate GPU and RAM in your system.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve