Station 19 Uses URSA Mini Pro 12K

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Kerry de Boer

Blackmagic Design

Station 19 Uses URSA Mini Pro 12K

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 5:48 pm

Blackmagic Design announced today that the ABC Signature/Shondaland production “Station 19” used an URSA Mini Pro 12K to capture unique angles for the season 4 episode titled “Comfortably Numb.”

ABC’s “Station 19” follows a group of heroic firefighters from the Seattle Fire Department, exploring both the personal and professional lives of the team. In the episode titled “Comfortably Numb,” the character of Ben faces a health issue that requires surgery. While on the table in the operating room, the audience is brought into his experience during the procedure through a unique camera angle achieved with the URSA Mini Pro 12K.

Cinematographer Christian Sebaldt, ASC was determined to cover the scene in a unique way, providing a much more intimate and personal view of the character to capture his fear and anxiety. “We had three camera crews with our regular cameras on the ‘Station 19’ set,” said Sebaldt, “but I felt it was crucial to get an additional top angle for the editor, since visual effects were going to affect the scene quite heavily.” The added angle would cover the main character's face as he laid on his back. “I didn't want to take one of the three other cameras shooting the multiple actors in the scene and lose coverage on them, but I felt the single on Ben was critical to the story.”

To learn more, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0210623-01

Return to Announcements