ATEM Mini and OBS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

kokobearz

ATEM Mini and OBS

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 am

I run a computer with OBS software and connect an ATEM Mini to it as well. I am able to connect to the atem mini via ethernet (it is detected via the atem software control) but my obs software is not able to detect the atem mini.

Can I know how to resolve this issue?

codedeltajames

Re: ATEM Mini and OBS

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

You need to connect with USB to access the webcam output of the Atem Mini.

On the original Atem Mini, the network connection is solely for control (later models can also stream using that connection - but will still not be able to be used as a source in OBS).

kokobearz

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 1:19 am

codedeltajames wrote:You need to connect with USB to access the webcam output of the Atem Mini.

On the original Atem Mini, the network connection is solely for control (later models can also stream using that connection - but will still not be able to be used as a source in OBS).

Ok, but after I tried connecting the two systems with a USB, there wasn't any signal detected. But the atem mini was visible through ethernet, and there was an output signal from the atem mini.

Mark Foster

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 11:07 am

cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

codedeltajames

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 11:30 am

kokobearz wrote:
codedeltajames wrote:You need to connect with USB to access the webcam output of the Atem Mini.

Ok, but after I tried connecting the two systems with a USB, there wasn't any signal detected. But the atem mini was visible through ethernet, and there was an output signal from the atem mini.

As I said, there is no webcam output on the ethernet connection. The control software doesn't talk to the webcam, it uses another way of communicating with the Atem, so being able to see the Atem is connected over ethernet will do nothing towards getting the webcam feed to work.

If you're not seeing it as a source in OBS, you need to check your USB connection. Check the computer is correctly identifying it as connected through device manager (or equivalent outside of Windows). Does Atem Software Control detect and control the Atem Mini when it is only connected by USB? The problem is here, the ethernet connection is irrelevant to making it work in OBS.

jdycus

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 11:05 am

My problem with using with OBS is that before each session, I have to uninstall Atem Mini Pro as a source and reinstall before OBS recognizes Atem. Why?

Return to Live Production