Why are sound effects starting in the middle of the clip?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

matthoefler

Why are sound effects starting in the middle of the clip?

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 6:32 am

Why does Resolve just HAVE to do everything wrong?

I'm going through a folder of impact sounds I have in my project.... some of them have the play head at the beginning of the sound when i open it to preview.... but more than half of them have the play head more than half way through the clip, leaving me to reset the play head just to head the sound. WHY?
What kind of sheet idiocy is this?

Before you comment, It's not a matter or the play head being there in the previous sound clip and then staying there when I open the next one; which would be stupid too... but that's not what's happening.

Before you comment, I really don't give a **** if you want to post and tell me, "I don't have that problem," not one person needs to hear about other people who don't have the same problem and have zero to offer in a discussion about problems with the software. SOLUTIONS ONLY!

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

Re: WHY are sound effects starting in the middle of the clip

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 8:40 am

"Works for me" :D :D

Calm down. Please tell us if you're done soon, because if not, they need to deal with you ASAP.

Before you comment
Take your own advice! Before you comment, go take a walk, and don't come back, please.

How masochist are you to use this Davinci Resolve if it's so bad?

I'll tell you a cute story :
One day, I recorded davinci resolve with OBS to showcase a bug, I sent it to the BMD team, it got fixed in the next release.

The less information you give, the less chance you have to make them fix something that could be really broken. One of the goals of this forum is to help people AND to get a better product by reporting IN DETAIL what are the problems you see!

But you will never get anything if you tell "Before you comment, I really don't give a ****" to people.

HAVE SOME RESPECT! And I don't have to be a moderator to tell you that is not just a suggestion!
Windows 10
nVidia 3090 - 537.42

Jim Simon

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 1:30 pm

How are you accessing the sounds? Through the Sound Library in Fairlight? As files in Media Storage? Clips in a bin?

What's the format and specs of those files? (WAV, MP3, something else?) (48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, something else?)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Mattias Murhagen

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 2:07 pm

matthoefler wrote:Before you comment, I really don't give a **** if you want to post and tell me, "I don't have that problem," not one person needs to hear about other people who don't have the same problem and have zero to offer in a discussion about problems with the software. SOLUTIONS ONLY!

The value in saying "I don't have that problem" is that it starts to point the finger to your specific setup, not to a problem within the NLE. It isn't always the case but it often is.

And again you have failed to give other users any information at all about the version of software you use or the computer hardware setup. If your problem is anything other than a simple issue with a setting you've missed or a general bug then people can't really help, they can't give you "SOLUTIONS ONLY!" because you aren't doing your part that helps them help you.

Return to DaVinci Resolve