Bug with Circle windows

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DIVM_MVID

Bug with Circle windows

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 5:32 am

Often, I'll find a Circle window goes off the screen as soon as it is added. If I try adding more, they also go off screen, dissapeared, not matter what I do. Even resetting parameters.
The only workaround I found is doing a bezier, and onced finished, all Circle windows you add afterwards will be fine (till the bug happens again).
Senior Colorist and founder of Black Peak

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Bug with Circle windows

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 5:35 am

Hi, which OS., Resolve version?
Is the added by mouse or panel, do the palette numbers indicate its offset?
is the grade applied also offset?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

DIVM_MVID

Re: Bug with Circle windows

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 2:14 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Hi, which OS., Resolve version?
Is the added by mouse or panel, do the palette numbers indicate its offset?
is the grade applied also offset?

Hi Peter,

It happens both in Linux (CentOS 7) and Mac. It's been happening since some version 16.x, now in 17.1 still happens. Using either mouse or panel all are affected.

The parameters numbers move, but there is no window. It's somewhere off the screen. To be more precise, the window is there when added, and as soon as you change any parameter (softness, rotation, pan, tilt, size, anything) it goes off view and can't be used, not matter if you restart all parameters. All following Circles (I can't remember if it happens with squares and lines) are affected. The only workaround is draw a bezier (and delete it if you don't need it), and afterwards you can add new circles as usual.

I'll try to pay more attention next time and get you more specifics. Hope it helps.
Senior Colorist and founder of Black Peak

Return to DaVinci Resolve