Dialogue boxes hiding behind main Window

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jamie Dickinson

Dialogue boxes hiding behind main Window

PostTue Sep 14, 2021 9:19 pm

I keep getting this problem, for instance I went to export a project archive and the archive options box is hidden, I can alt tab to show it's there but it disappears the moment I click on it. Seems to happen almost all the time since 17.3.1.
I've unplugged my third monitor, there was a time when things would show up there. 2nd monitor is for scopes and the dialogue box wasn't to be found there either. Any suggestions?

(Windows 10)

Roen Davis

Re: Dialogue boxes hiding behind main Window

PostTue Sep 14, 2021 11:43 pm

I can report similar experiences.
Also timecode window gets lost behind when switching tabs.
On W10 task manager can be “always on top” and it always is.
GPU-Z (?) is the same.
I have noticed since 17.3.? that the GUI setup has become less reliable.
Maybe I have created conflict by having my left monitor as W10 main window but right monitor as DaVinci main window?
to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

Marc Wielage

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 2:14 am

Drives me absolutely crazy. I hate non-modal dialogue boxes that you can't move. If an OS system box is behind a Resolve box, you can't get to it. Ideally, both would be movable all the time. This is particularly frustrating when (in my case) I export .SC and .EDL files after auto-scene-cutting a flattened file on the Media Page. God help you if the OS file window falls behind the scene-cut window.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Jamie Dickinson

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 am

Something else which I've noticed since 17.3.1 is that if it needs to open an Explorer window to select a file or folder it can now take minutes just to bring that up, I thought it had crashed. Happens consistently with Relink Proxy Media.

Return to DaVinci Resolve