Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Display error in Fusion with wavy pattern

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

AttilaDeak

Display error in Fusion with wavy pattern

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 8:43 am

We are rendering a huge Fusion tree, with several multipass EXR source files. Sometimes (not all time) we experience a glitchy lined (wavy) pattern on the rendered result images. See the screenshot attached.

It's only happening when we are using a network fileserver. We tested it on several dual Xeon workstations, and NVidia cards (for example Tesla) (I can write you the exact configs). If we render locally (source files are on c: SSD), it's going without error. Although, the speed of the fileserver is fast, there are no network issues.

In a previous post, someone else also had this error without any solution/reply: viewtopic.php?t=47727

Can anyone help, how to solve this?
Attachments
Fusion render error.jpg
Fusion render error.jpg (764.83 KiB) Viewed 703 times

TheBloke

Re: Display error in Fusion with wavy pattern

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 11:11 am

That's the license error pattern. It means no license was found. Why they break renders rather than just stop with a useful error, I have no idea.

In a network setup, I guess check the render node has continuous access to the licensed fusion studio instance and check that machine has a working license eg no dodgy USB port etc (if using a dongle) . On windows you can check the Windows Event Log to double check for USB port errors.
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

AttilaDeak

Re: Display error in Fusion with wavy pattern

PostWed Sep 29, 2021 1:38 pm

TheBloke wrote:That's the license error pattern. It means no license was found. Why they break renders rather than just stop with a useful error, I have no idea.

In a network setup, I guess check the render node has continuous access to the licensed fusion studio instance and check that machine has a working license eg no dodgy USB port etc (if using a dongle) . On windows you can check the Windows Event Log to double check for USB port errors.

Thanks for the answer! We are using Fusion remote connection to AWS (Amazone cloud) via Terradici client, and the USB dongle is forwarded there, so that can cause this error, probably it's losing the dongle connection during the renders for shot time...
Blackmagic couldn't swap our dongles to serial numbers, which were a better solution working with cloud rendering, so we would need no USBs :(

Return to Fusion