Atem Mini Extreme ISO Split Screen

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

nicomarcato

Atem Mini Extreme ISO Split Screen

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 12:42 am

Hello,

I recently purchased an Atem Mini Extreme ISO and have ran into some questions but have found no answers. I do a stream with 2 Sony cameras both on a green screen. I have created macros in order to use 2 virtual sets with Media Player 1 and Media Player 2. The original reason as to why I purchased the Extreme ISO is because I wanted to use the PIP or Supersource to have a split screen between both virtual sets but apparently that is not a possibility if you're on a green screen. I have contacted blackmagic support to see if theres any way of doing it and they suggested using the DVE but I have no idea how. Is there any way of doing a split screen or having both cameras side by side keyed out with 2 virtual sets?

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Atem Mini Extreme ISO Split Screen

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 12:58 am

Hello. I’m not 100% sure this is what you want but you could try this. Set up the Supersource with the two boxes and only the backgrounds in each. Then set up the two chroma keys as you would. Then select Fly key on each. Position and size each chroma key over the respective Supersource box. Macros will help you transition to this nicely. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards. Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Raphaël Jacquot

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 7:26 am

Gary Adams wrote:Hello. I’m not 100% sure this is what you want but you could try this. Set up the Supersource with the two boxes and only the backgrounds in each. Then set up the two chroma keys as you would. Then select Fly key on each. Position and size each chroma key over the respective Supersource box. Macros will help you transition to this nicely. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards. Gary

hey Gary, would it be possible to (enhancement request) use to the chromakeyers outputs as inputs to the supersource ?

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 7:02 pm

Hello Raphael. Chroma keyers are added on top of the Program or ME bus and not separate video outputs. This requires multiple ME buses which can be fed into Supersource.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production