streaming service with atem mini iso extreme

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bruno.campigotto

streaming service with atem mini iso extreme

PostTue Oct 12, 2021 5:25 pm

hi guys,
first impression and first work in demo mode.
streaming service on platform as facebook or youtube is the basic requirments for offer a good product for customers.
on past days tried to go live on fb, but many problem during transmission, so at the end was live with OBS, and not with atem.
so, i'm sure that was personal mistake, could you confirm that atem could going live without no issue on FB or YB?

first issue: facebook streaming service is limited to 720p, but when going out with 720, program will be saved as 720p, and not in 1080p.

second issue: do you know streaming service for publish on 1080p, and redirecting on fb or youtube?

thanks for help.

bruno.campigotto

Re: streaming service with atem mini iso extreme

PostThu Oct 14, 2021 12:07 pm

so, mini atem extreme iso not going output with 720.
so, we need web presenter, in fact.
so, any web service that could me a 1080p streaming?
thanks

Frank Engel

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 10:58 am

If you search around the forum you will find a number of threads on this already. People evidently have successfully streamed to FB from an ATEM Mini series switcher; FB apparently does accept incoming 1080p and down converts it before passing it on. I have no experience with this personally as I am not a FB fan or user.

YouTube and Vimeo will both stream 1080p.

If you happen to be streaming for a church you could check out Planning Center Publishing or Church Online Platform as additional options specifically tailored to churches.

There is also Resi, but you would either need to stream from ProPresenter or using one of their hardware encoders, as they use a different protocol from all the others (to improve reliability of the streaming connection); Resi actually accepts a stream using their custom protocol then streams to the other platforms simultaneously (YT, FB, and others) so that you stream once and your viewers can watch from multiple places.

bruno.campigotto

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 am

HI Frank, thanks for you reply.
at now fb doesn not accept income upstream at 1080p, and many post or hel guide on youtube are not actually.
youtube does not get livestream, always in busy.

Return to Live Production