Need an installation guide for paid studio 17 w. dongle

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gardnerite

Need an installation guide for paid studio 17 w. dongle

PostSun Oct 17, 2021 6:31 am

this is so basic but where is a simple installation guide for the paid version of DR 17 studio with dongle? Surely there is a simple guide for a relative noob like me. I installed and used the free version and liked it enough to spank out for the paid version with Speed Editor. Now I want to install it to replace the free version. Can someone post a link to how to do this? I put in the software flash drive and it either has a problem (it is asking me to scan it and format the e drive, whatever that is) or i missed some step. The usb thumb drive seems to be a simple dongle and it installed no prob.

Any help appreciated.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Need an installation guide for paid studio 17 w. dongle

PostSun Oct 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Moved to Resolve forum
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Reynaud Venter

Re: Need an installation guide for paid studio 17 w. dongle

PostSun Oct 17, 2021 1:27 pm

The installer provided in the Resolve Studio retail box is never the most current installer.

The most current version of Resolve is always available from the Support page (including all versions as far as back as v10.1.5): https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion

Note: The standard (free) installer is listed first, followed by the Studio (paid) version's installer below.

The FAQ at the top of the forum provides additional useful information: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190#5

Return to DaVinci Resolve