ATEM Mini Green Bar Over Image & Zoom Issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sp_roehm

ATEM Mini Green Bar Over Image & Zoom Issue

PostSun May 17, 2020 6:31 pm

I have an issue with my new ATEM Mini Pro and a new PTZoptics 12X-SDI camera. I have the camera connected to Video 1 and a FeelWorld Monitor connected to the HDMI Output. I have also upgraded the ATEM firmware to the latest release associated with ATEM Software Control v8.2.2. It appears that the video stream being delivered to the HDMI output (thru Multi-View and Program/Preview views) gets confused. A green bar appears at the top of the screen and the video is zoomed (even though the Camera Input is not). I have provided images to show this. The first image is the Raw Camera Input, the second image is the Multi-view when this happens and the third image is the Program-view when this happens. This error is very repeatable and occurs within 5 seconds of setting the Output to Program, Preview or Multi-View. When the error occurs, the video output flashes to black for a 1/2 second and then the image with the green bar appears. Has anyone else seen this? Is it a bug? If so, how do I submit a bug to Blackmagic Design?

Composite.jpg
Composite.jpg (302.77 KiB) Viewed 3991 times

sscrib

Re: ATEM Mini Green Bar Over Image & Zoom Issue

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 pm

I am having this issue too. I am using the ATEM Mini Pro with 2 PTZ Optics 30x SDI cameras. When set to 30 fps I get the green bar and weird zooming, but only on HDMI 1. I have tried both cameras with multiple HDMI cables. It appears the problem only occurs on ATEM HDMI 1. Anybody have any ideas here?

Flyingkiwi

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 11:39 am

Did you check your camera output setting, change from "DVI" to "HDMI" in the onscreen settings?
(that changes output from RGB to YUV)
/Mike

Logantroxell

PostSun Oct 04, 2020 1:51 pm

I’m having the same exact issue. Same cameras. Channel 1 only. Camera output is set to HDMI, so that isn’t the issue.

oollyy

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 9:17 pm

sscrib wrote:I am having this issue too. I am using the ATEM Mini Pro with 2 PTZ Optics 30x SDI cameras. When set to 30 fps I get the green bar and weird zooming, but only on HDMI 1. I have tried both cameras with multiple HDMI cables. It appears the problem only occurs on ATEM HDMI 1. Anybody have any ideas here?

I'm also having *exactly* the same issue as you.

Camera is coming out at 1080p25 from an Atomos Shogun Inferno monitor.

A prominent green bar around 1cm thick is displaying at the top of the screen on the ATEM camera 1. When I unplug the HDMI this line goes away.

If I plug the very same HDMI from the exact same camera feed into HDMI ports 2 / 3 / 4, the image displayed is fine. If I plug back into HDMI 1, the green bar comes back.

What's going on here?

vprod914

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 8:41 pm

I realIe this threads a few months old - I'm having same issue with a Canon 5D Mark III.

Worked fine a few weeks ago and now a green bar. Thankfully the advice here was perfect. Simply moving to any other HDMI port solves the problem.

Anyone find any updates on this?

The only thing that changes was an update when I opened ATEM control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crgoddard

PostSat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm

I just got the PTZ SDI 30x and also having the same issue. Any fix yet?

modnar

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 3:23 am

I'll bring this old topic back again. I'm having the same issue with the ATEM Mini Extreme ISO but on input 2. Also using a PTZ 30X with HDMI. The slight difference is that this only happens sometimes; it can flash on or off randomly - again only input 2 and only this camera. The camera is fine on any other input.

This seems like a hardware problem, so I guess I'll do an exchange?

DestinyChurch

SOLVED!

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 4:56 pm

Here's something that worked for me!
Windows/Programs/Blackmagic Design/Desktop Video Setup
Once you open the program, click the Decklink Duo icon
Go to the Connectors tab
Change your connection, then change it back
I had to change mine from SDI 1 & SDI 2 to SDI 1, then back again.

Hope that helps! I have no idea why that worked for me, or if I'll have to do that everytime I turn the computer on...

PastorLacourse

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 8:13 pm

I came across the same issue yesterday at church. PTZ Optics 12x SDI gen2, plugged via HDMI to ATEM mini Pro on input #1. Every 2 minutes, the picture “zooms in” on the ATEM and shows a green bar on top of the image. It is cycling like that every 2 minutes, no matter what. We also streamed a test to Youtube to see if the output to the stream would be clean of that weird behaviour. Unfortunately it showed the weird behaviour on the Youtube stream as well. Bummer!

I contacted PTZ Optics with this and they answered saying that other users were having that issue with ATEM when plugged in input #1. Guess who those “others” are? You guys!!

So, I'll try 2 things to ensure everything works better:
1- set all plugged-in devices to output the same type and frame rate (like all at 1080p30)
2- plug the PTZ camera into any other input but #1.

We'll see what happens.

EDIT: So, after trying #2 above, it works fine. When camera is in input #2 instead of #1 the image is stable and good.

phendrickson

PostSat Feb 26, 2022 10:08 pm

Restarting this thread with something I tried. Hope this helps.

I'm using PTZ Opticts PT20X connected directly to ATEM Mini Extreme. That green bar appeared on Channel 1. I swapped to Channel 2 and it went away. Then, out of nowhere, the green bar popped back up on Channel 2. I resorted to reading the camera manual and found two things that ultimately worked for me.

From the manual
Set the system select switch for your desired video output resolution and frame rate.
For many applications, setting 0 (1080p-60) will provide the best overall performance.
For highest possible resolution, use setting 0 (1080p-60) or 6 (1080p-30), however your actual realized frame rate may be limited to a lower value than 60 fps by your software and/or network connection.
NOTE: After changing this dial, you need to restart the camera to see the effect. Turn the camera off.

What I did
Changed the system switch located on back of the camera to Setting 0 (1080p-60). Mine was set to "B".

Then, I went to the ATEM Settings -> General -> Video section and changed "Set video standard to" Auto Mode. Mine was set to 1080p59.94. I didn't think it would make a difference, but ...

After rebooting the cameras. The green bar disappeared and hasn't returned. To be honest, I'm a little stumped as to what's really happening behind the scenes. Using "Auto Mode" versus selecting "1080p59.94" directly in the list. I'll just chalk this up to "a computer thing happens" and keep rolling.

Preston

jefflopezphotography

PostThu Sep 08, 2022 5:12 pm

Just started having this issue, appears to only happen on input 1 as well, still no fix even though it's now September 8th, 2022? Haha :cry:

Return to Live Production