Good Camera light/accent light

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

thefilmaddict

Good Camera light/accent light

PostThu Jun 09, 2022 11:09 am

I was looking for a good camera light/accent light to use with the ursa 12k. I found this one and really like it.

These little lights have come a long way.

dondidnod

Re: Good Camera light/accent light

PostSat Jun 11, 2022 12:36 pm

Looks like a versatile light.

The small number of LEDs might not produce convincing powerful lightning. If you use several of them, can they be ganged together for synchronized flashes like the Clar Venus or Luxli Viola² can with it's Solar app?
Last edited by dondidnod on Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leon Benzakein

PostSat Jun 11, 2022 2:40 pm

Can they work with a battery bank or wall wart or do they only work with built in battery?

Thanks
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

thefilmaddict

PostFri Jun 24, 2022 1:34 pm

Those are great questions.

I am not sure If it will work off of a battery bank if the internal battery is dead. I do keep a battery bank handy and use it to charge the light if needed, but luckily I've never had to use it because the internal battery is pretty darn good.

Although I have not tried it, I bet if you had a bunch of them and they were all set to the same channel, you could trigger them all at the same time with the app. I only have 1 right now, so I can't test that.

Return to Off-Topic