Hyperdeck Studio HD Pro output not working with Cleanswitch.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Dave Toole

Hyperdeck Studio HD Pro output not working with Cleanswitch.

PostSun Jun 12, 2022 8:12 pm

When we have any of our Hyperdeck Studio HD Pros connected to our Cleanswitch, it causes various issues.

We are using 1080p5994 for our current productions.

When we connect any output from the Hyperdeck to the Cleanswitch 12x12...
- Level A output does not work. Video simply doesn't play any video....
- Level B output is very glitchy and playback from the Hyperdeck also stutters, unwatchable.
- Within minutes outputs on the Cleanswitch start failing and the only fix is to unplug/replug it in. But it just happens again after a few minutes.

Once we disconnect the output cable from the Hyperdeck that goes to the Cleanswitch, file playback performs as expected.

Our current fix is that we have to just have the Hyperdeck Studio HD Pros go straight to our ATEMs (2ME and 1ME Constellation HDs in this case). When it is, playback is fine on both Level A and Level B.

Our older 12G models and everyhting work fine with the Cleanswitch still. We upgraded our decks for the sole purpose that we could have multiple network connections to it as the Hyperdeck 12G only allows one at a time.

And yes, I have everything on the latest firmware. :)

DT

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Hyperdeck Studio HD Pro output not working with Cleanswi

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 6:57 am

Is everything on the same electrical circuit? Sounds almost like a grounding problem...

rogersuski

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 7:17 pm

Do you have a constant, valid signal running to input one of the Clean Switch? If you connect your 12G units to the same input as the "suspect" HD studio units is the behavior the same?

Dave Toole

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 6:27 am

Asgeir - Everything is plugged into the same power conditioner before going to the wall.

Roger -- Yes, we have a Constellation ATEM 2ME going M/E 1 output going into Input 1.

We don't have the issues with the older Hyperdeck 12Gs, just the new Hyperdeck HD Studio Pro we got so we could access it from more than one computer on the network. The older Hyperdeck 12Gs allow only one connection at a time.

Return to Live Production