Big thank you to Grant Petty

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Henchman

Big thank you to Grant Petty

PostThu Jun 23, 2022 6:49 pm

I'm so glad I invested in the Blackmagic eco system of Cameras and DaVinci resolve.
This new image stabilization will be an amazing tool for us no/micro budget filmmakers.
A BMPCC with the new DJI RS3 pro and its new manual lens autofocus systems will be a gamechanger for single person crew shoots.

You already put cameras in our hands at an affordable price, that allow us to shoot truly cinematic looking footage. Now, we can get stable footage under done challenging situations.

Thank you Grant Petty.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0972296/

Marc Wielage

Re: Big thank you to Grant Petty

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 1:17 am

Speaking of whom, here's a terrific article in a recent issue of Forbes about Grant Petty, how he started Blackmagic Design, and where the company is headed in the future:

How An Aussie From The Housing Projects Became A Billionaire
Making Gear For Next-Gen Spielbergs

https://www.forbes.com/sites/schifrin/2 ... 8ec237718c
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

mickspixels

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Wonderful article. That has made my day. Thanks for the link Marc. I'm pretty new to Resolve and Blackmagic and was not aware of any of Grant Petty's history and outlook. Goodonya Grant.

Marc Wielage

PostSat Jul 02, 2022 1:09 am

mickspixels wrote:Wonderful article. That has made my day. Thanks for the link Marc. I'm pretty new to Resolve and Blackmagic and was not aware of any of Grant Petty's history and outlook. Goodonya Grant.

Absolutely amazing gentleman. You have to admire the fact that 30 years ago, he was just a hard-working engineer at a post house. But he had an idea for a better, affordable product... and then everything changed. Whenever I her anybody criticizing Grant or Blackmagic, I remind them, "I wouldn't have a job today if it weren't for them, so all I have is gratitude and appreciation for what they do."
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to Post Production