DeckLink Quad 2 duplicate display issue

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Blian24

DeckLink Quad 2 duplicate display issue

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 2:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

This topic might be a bit off, sorry about that, but I couldn't find any such topics on the net.

I'm using DeckLink Quad 2 for streaming games. I have a separate gaming and streaming pc. There's a 1440p display connected to my gaming PC through a display port, and the Decklink Quad 2 in the streaming PC connected through HDMI to the gaming PC.

Running windows, or any application doesn't seem to be a problem, I can run them in 1440p, but whenever I'm starting a game, the game itself only can see 1080p resolution, and I can actually see the animation windows plays for changing resolution when I start a game. This doesn't happen to all of the games, but 99% of the times it does. These are games that do support 1440p, and I've been playing them in such res with the same setup before.
Here's a screenshot of my display settings from the NVIDIA control panel that shows the set resolutions.

display resolutions settings.png
display resolutions settings.png (61.34 KiB) Viewed 4026 times

I have tried all the usually available display settings in the games like "Full screen" / "Borderless windowed" / "Windowed", doesn't work.

If anyone could help me out with this issue I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

carpentermike

Re: DeckLink Quad 2 duplicate display issue

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 12:17 pm

BTW alltough i think you has no Quad 2 then a Quad HDMI Recorder, only exact this resultions are useable: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... s/W-DLK-36
HDMI is a handshake protocol when the reciever or the sender not speak the same language the screen hold black. The first i would try to bring the framerate from the 240hz down to 50 or 60 an then try again. If the game not provide the exact resolution then you ended up where you are now. Im not so in in the game thing but sometimes HDMI can use a copyprotection so u cant use it at all to record things what streaming literally is.

Blian24

Re: DeckLink Quad 2 duplicate display issue

PostThu Jul 14, 2022 12:39 pm

carpentermike wrote:BTW alltough i think you has no Quad 2 then a Quad HDMI Recorder, only exact this resultions are useable.
HDMI is a handshake protocol when the reciever or the sender not speak the same language the screen hold black. The first i would try to bring the framerate from the 240hz down to 50 or 60 an then try again. If the game not provide the exact resolution then you ended up where you are now. Im not so in in the game thing but sometimes HDMI can use a copyprotection so u cant use it at all to record things what streaming literally is.

Thank you so much for your help! I'll try this for sure. I do have a Quad 2 though, but this might work.

Return to Getting Started