Time Lapse

• Author

MerSea

Time Lapse

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 3:03 pm

Hi all "Resolvers",
I am very new here, this is my first post. So, thank you for accepting me in this community !
My first occupation is composer/musician and I work with computers for a very very long time ; I do video and photo also for a long time, and my passion is the "Time Lapses"...so I thought that Resolve Studio being at the top of everything in image, it could be a great idea to add a Time Lapse page :o AFAIK there is only one pro application dealing with Time Lapse "LRTimeLapse Pro" it's very good, but a bit of complicate to use and not (according to me) very user friendly, it would be a step forward if the team of fantastic Resolve programmers would make it. What do you think ?
All the best
Frederic

Jim Simon

Re: Time Lapse

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 7:35 pm

Not immediately seeing a need. Time lapses work fine on the current pages.

Can you expand a bit?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Dante Stiller

Re: Time Lapse

PostSat Jul 02, 2022 8:24 am

The main tool for timelapse editing would be an advanced deflicker to counter the rapid change of light when doing time lapse photography outdoors. Other than that a time lapse sequence behaves like any other footage, doesn't it?
The main complaint I have right now with Resolve is the lack of cr3 support for Canon stills. LRTimelapse Pro seems to use Adobe converter to achieve it's RAW support. Results vary and never really hit the mark. This is of course Canon's fault for not supplying any usable conversion themselves.

On a side note, there is a dedicated thread on the top of the forum page for feature requests.
Resolve Studio 18, Windows 10 pro, GTX3090, intel i5 13600K, BM Decklink 4K

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests