ATEM Television Studio, touch screen control?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ole Anderson

ATEM Television Studio, touch screen control?

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 4:08 am

Currently we are using a 15 year old Videonics 4 channel switcher with s-video inputs and JVC consumer cameras recording directly to DVD, looking to upgrade. A few questions from a possible HOW purchaser of an ATEM Television Studio:

- Utilizing just the computer interface, are the commands activated by a only mouse click or keyboard shortcut or can a touch screen enabled computer, either PC or MAC, be utilized, and if so, how well does that work?

- I don't see a PIP option on the computer interface. Am I missing something or is that simply not an option?

- I am not familiar with the 1 x AES/EBU Unbalanced via BNC connector audio input. Is that typically available from an Allen & Heath GL 2400 sound board? If not would I be better off with the Production Studio 4K to pick up and integrate analog sound?
Now you tell me!

Ole Anderson

Richard Courtney

Re: ATEM Television Studio, touch screen control?

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 1:40 pm

The software does respond to touch screen input. It is easier than using a mouse.

TVS do not have an ME.

A&H GL2400 looks to be analog only. You will need to convert to digital.

Thomas Seewald

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 1:56 pm

1.) Some people her uses touch panels.

2.) ATEM TVS has no digital video effects (DVE), so no Picture-in-Picture. When using the crop function in the DSK, you can "fake" a PiP.

3.) The A&H mixing console ist an analog one. So you'll need a converter. A $/€ 30,- analog to SPDIF does the job, but a Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra-Curve Pro is maybe better ....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

modemayo

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Thomas Seewald wrote:1.) Some people her uses touch panels.

2.) ATEM TVS has no digital video effects (DVE), so no Picture-in-Picture. When using the crop function in the DSK, you can "fake" a PiP.

3.) The A&H mixing console ist an analog one. So you'll need a converter. A $/€ 30,- analog to SPDIF does the job, but a Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra-Curve Pro is maybe better ....

HI, i own an Atem production Studio 4k and i need to make PIP, how can i do it using the crop function? thanks

Return to Live Production