Hyperdeck Studio Data Recovery

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Garce Works

Hyperdeck Studio Data Recovery

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 3:31 pm

We were recording a live event on a 500 gig Crucial SSD. The technician did not give the deck enough time to finalize the files and prematurely pulled the drive. Are the files corrupted. We tried playing files back through either a Hyperdeck Shuttle or Hyper deck studio with no luck. We have also plugged the SSD drive into several computers to extract the files and nothing appears.

Upon further investigation and looking at the drive in disc utility we can see that there is over 200 gigs used. Is there any way to recover that data

kornel405

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Data Recovery

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello!

I recently went the same way. I also tried several programs. The best and also free of cost. Recuva. (recuva.com) I found it immediately the lost files. Mark your search for non deleted files in the options menu. Sorry for my bad english. I write from Hungary

Kornel - Vizuál Tipp

- Blackmagic Atem 1 M/E Switcher
- Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio
- Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio
- Blackmagic HDLINK
- Blackmagic Mini Converters (many, many :)
- Blackmagic Decklink SDI

Allen Freeman

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Data Recovery

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Garce Works wrote:We were recording a live event on a 500 gig Crucial SSD. The technician did not give the deck enough time to finalize the files and prematurely pulled the drive. Are the files corrupted. We tried playing files back through either a Hyperdeck Shuttle or Hyper deck studio with no luck. We have also plugged the SSD drive into several computers to extract the files and nothing appears.

Upon further investigation and looking at the drive in disc utility we can see that there is over 200 gigs used. Is there any way to recover that data

If it were me I would do as follows:

1) Make a low level disk copy of the disk.
2) Using the copy, try whatever file recovery program you choose.
3) If unsuccessful, depending on how important the footage is, there are data recovery firms that specialize in recovering data. You'll still have the original drive to send to them.
~~
Allen Freeman
Penn's Hill Media
www.pennshill.com

Return to Live Production