G2 + analogue B4, full control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Xtreemtec

Re: G2 + analogue B4, full control

PostTue Aug 09, 2022 7:11 pm

Nice Kim,

Did you mount extra motors for Focus? Or did you happen to have a full motorized lens?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Howard Roll

PostTue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm

So is this box translating from analog to serial from 12pin to 12 pin Hirose or is it going straight to serial from the SDI return? I'd imaging most Cine Servo lenses are digital/serial since they're for the most part a recent invention relatively speaking.

Good Luck

LouisBacker

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 11:18 am

So just to check, is it the case that your box swaps the Zoom demand speed control to control the Iris? If so, do you them preset the desired zoom speed before inserting your box into the control chain?
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

LouisBacker

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 1:04 pm

Ah, that's really good to know, I've been searching for way to control the iris on my Canon Digisuper box lens from the pan bar and you've provided the answer - cheers!
2 x Sony FX9, 2 x Sony FX6, 6 x Ursa Broadcasts, 2 x Canon CR-N500 PTZeds with MRMC auto-tracking, ATEM CCU, ATEM TV Studio 4K. NewTek Tricaster TC1 and 460. Dataton Watchout, Reckeen 3D Studio & vMix 4K

Xtreemtec

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 1:13 pm

Would be quite interesting to run Motors of the Tilta Nucleus with this... To motorize lenses that do not have powered focus..

From what i understand are the Nucleus motors Serial controlled.
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jan Bednar

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 2:00 pm

Great work! And now the Tilta or PD Movie motors :) please! :)

jim.chase

PostThu Oct 27, 2022 5:30 pm

We have a few Broadcast G2's with the Fujinon XA20SX8.5BRM-K3 lens and an FSM-30B Focus Servo attached. The BMD Zoom Demand works great thru the camera but the BMD Focus Demand doesn't. It sounds like BMD isn't going to or isn't able to make this work with their Focus Demand (we are currently using the Fujinon Focus Demand. Would your converter box allow the BMD Focus Demand to work with the FSM-30B? If so, it would make it possible to use any Fujinon lens with the FSM-30B to have remote focus control.

jim.chase

PostThu Oct 27, 2022 5:35 pm

Here's an image of the cabling (this image uses the fujinon Demands)

fujinon-ss-01-2.jpeg
fujinon-ss-01-2.jpeg (12.93 KiB) Viewed 15948 times

majoraxis

PostWed May 10, 2023 2:18 pm

Hi Kim,

I have a Fuginon A10x4.8 BERD-R28 and I am interested in your B4 adapter..

I also have an URSA Mini Pro 12k. I am wondering if it will interface with 12-pin connector, the same as the Broadcast G2? The iris is currently controable as it stands with the 12K…. I am using the URSA Mini Pro B4 mount to adapt the levs to the 12k.

Thanks!

Mark

majoraxis

PostFri May 12, 2023 7:10 pm

Thanks Kim!

I am interest in getting your B412-pin converter module, if you have extras when you do your next production run.

Thanks!

Mark

LouisBacker

PostTue Aug 01, 2023 9:55 pm

Kim Janson wrote:The BMD cameras have stepped Iris, that can be pretty visible when adjusting. some lenses have smoothing for Iris.

I do not understand why the Ursa Broadcast has a stepped Auto Iris. It is of no use at all when operating in variable light conditions, like outdoor sports. Using the BMD zoom demand and switching the zoom speed knob to Iris control, you can manually open and close the iris smoothly. Similarly, you can with the ATEM Camera Control Panel, so smooth iris control already exists. I would have thought it not too difficult for BM to implement Auto Iris smooth or stepped selectable in the Settings menu.

Knut Bussian

PostWed Aug 02, 2023 6:26 pm

For some reason with some analogue B4 lenses the iris control is with big and clearly noticeable steps.

Even when using the Zoom demand speed knob for iris control it is with the discrete steps, or is there some special setting to make it totally smooth?

We have this stepping with all lenses on the Ursa Broadcast (G2 and the original one), even with a Canon Digisuper 70.

The same lenses on a Sony HXC for instance, are smooth as silk.

Knut

Cameraguy

PostThu Sep 07, 2023 6:18 pm

Hey Kim,

I am looking to use a Fujinon HA22x7.8BERD-S48L with a URSA Broadcast G2 camera. Several other posts on this forum said that it would work with the BMD zoom & focus controls through the camera. Unfortunately this is not working. I am wondering if your converter would give me control using the BMD focus and zoom controls?

Please let me know, thanks.

Peace, Pete

Cameraguy

PostThu Sep 07, 2023 7:03 pm

Hey Kim,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, that is the lens I have. I have not touched any of the dip switches as I wasn't sure which ones to adjust. I do have a manual from Fujinon and would be willing to adjust somethings in the lens if that would get things to work. Are you familiar with what switches I need to adjust to make this work? I am willing to try. I have some experience with how to adjust the dip switches.

Peace, Pete

Cameraguy

PostSat Sep 09, 2023 7:46 pm

Hey Kim,

I have a feeling that this lens is a little to old to have digital control, even though it is a digi powered lens. I am wondering what the chances are of getting one of your adaptors, with the correct cables, by the end of the month? Looking to deploy this camera system near the beginning of October.

Peace, Pete

Cameraguy

PostSun Sep 10, 2023 2:51 pm

Hey Kim,

Thanks for the link. I look forward to working with you directly on this.

Peace, Pete

Howard Roll

PostMon Sep 11, 2023 11:15 pm

Just about any lens released from Fujinon in the last couple decades is capable of serial/digital operation.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=171757&p=904192&hilit=fujinon+digital+analog#p904192

Good Luck

Xtreemtec

PostTue Sep 12, 2023 12:28 pm

Kim Janson wrote:The BMD cameras have stepped Iris, that can be pretty visible when adjusting. some lenses have smoothing for Iris, so that it does not move in steps but smoothly in between them, but not all lenses have this. Also though Ursa Broadcast G2 can control Analogue B4 lens Iris, it is not great with all lenses.

Yup i see this very heavy on our box lenses.. Trying to adjust a little bit and then you see the jump happening.

Wonder why it is that jumpy.. Would the analog resolution be that low? :(

Chris Streitberger

PostSat Oct 07, 2023 10:32 pm

I am very interested in the unit that you've designed could you please send me any information (Contact details, pricing, availability, shipping etc) to my email: cjohns_1@bigpond.com. Am in Victoria, Australia 3264.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Streitberger

Typo808

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 9:44 pm

Hi Kim

Great sounding device. I have a Fuji Digi Power lens that cannot be controlled either. Can you send me the details for acquiring one of your devices too?

Mahalo!
Dan

Return to Live Production