ATEM and Guests?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Wade_Saxton

ATEM and Guests?

PostThu Aug 11, 2022 2:31 am

We are putting together a live production and currently use black magic cameras, we want to move to the ATEM pros, but I am not sure how they would work in our wants. I like the idea of having the production panel in front of the team with the direct live stream capabilities as we stream to an RTMP.

Stand alone in the studio, the atems have everything we want, but how would we tie these in if we had remote location guests?. So if i am in the studio and "Bob" is on-site how do we bring it together using the ATEM?

Jim Simon

Re: ATEM and Guests?

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 3:58 pm

How would you get Bob "into" the studio? I think that answer is irrespective of the switcher used.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Howard Roll

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 7:26 pm

How remote is remote. The panels connect over IP so it's only a matter of making sure the network settings are correct.

You'll also need to stream the multi view or the panel won't be of much use. I'm working in a facility that uses Visionaries for video/USB over IP with 1000's decoders, the MV can be viewed anywhere on property. The reality is that I'm in the next room but the decoder will access any encoder so If I want to see the multiview, PGM, AUX bus, access a software control machine, or program media servers it's only a matter of selecting the proper encoder.

Good Luck

Wade_Saxton

PostSat Aug 13, 2022 12:59 am

Think Stream yard but tying the Atem in on it

Darryl

PostSat Aug 13, 2022 3:52 am

How do you currently get remote guests into the stream? You must have a video source somewhere for the guest and you just need to direct that source into one of the ATEM inputs. Have a look at this stream at around the 20 minute mark -
All the remote people were on Zoom, and we directed the video output of the laptop to one of the ATEM inputs.

Darryl
Darryl Severn
The Videoverse by Darbeth
Livestreaming, Conferences, Info & Education, Events

Kit:
BMPCC 4K, Studio Cam 4K Pro, ATEM Mini Extreme ISO, Resolve Studio
DJI Inspire 2, Panasonic HCPV100,
Behringer XR16, Sennheiser XSW

Return to Live Production