What's wrong with my gyro stabilization?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

carlomacchiavello

Re: What's wrong with my gyro stabilization?

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 8:31 am

Jeffrey D Mathias wrote:thanks for the test Carlo. Also note the less zoom with Gyro... and it likely takes less time to compute. Nice to have in the pocket 4K, but can't wait for it to arrive in the 12K with the other improvements... like RGB histogram. Oh, and please, please make the record button in the viewer not red when not recording... only red when recording... and other color when not recording would help.
Yess + 1000 about record button which is not red when it is in stop, now I’m ever to check timecode to see if I’m recording or not

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Uli Plank

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 9:18 am

Time to analyze is similar to Perspective. But I don’t care as long as it’s so good.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 10:53 am

Uli Plank wrote:Time to analyze is similar to Perspective. But I don’t care as long as it’s so good.
Gyro give you (sometimes) less cropping and less rolling shutter.
I’m going to test stabilised lens vs gyro (dual cam rig), but the difference is where faster motion give you less inertial adaptation from stabilizer of lens.
But I’m started to test, when I did more test I give you more info.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

John Paines

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 1:36 pm

Carlo, if you can find the time to upload the files for the two best, perspective and gyro, they'd be easier to assess. Just the head-on moving segments would be fine. The baseline here is useful, because the hand-held work is about as good as could be expected, short of making a career out of it or using mechanical aides.

carlomacchiavello

What's wrong with my gyro stabilization?

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 4:00 pm

John Paines wrote:Carlo, if you can find the time to upload the files for the two best, perspective and gyro, they'd be easier to assess. Just the head-on moving segments would be fine. The baseline here is useful, because the hand-held work is about as good as could be expected, short of making a career out of it or using mechanical aides.

Now you find in the the comment of this video on youtube a braw links for footages, i add later the link for project, resolve 18.0.1 project :-D

Pavel Rybakov

PostSat Aug 20, 2022 5:18 pm

Jeffrey D Mathias wrote:Oh, and please, please make the record button in the viewer not red when not recording... only red when recording... and other color when not recording would help.

Red button is a most strange update in 7.9. Agreed with you. Will be much better if they will add a red border overlay while recording
https://vimeo.com/nrggroup
...and sorry for my english =)
ASUS GL504GS laptop with Corei7 8750 & GeForce 1070, SSD Toshiba 512 NVMe + SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB
Macbook Air M1 8/256

Uli Plank

PostSat Aug 20, 2022 7:12 pm

Like Sony did in the A7IV (as an option).
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU
Previous

Return to Cinematography