Please BM, can you fix these issues ?

• Author

Sharuruu

Please BM, can you fix these issues ?

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 6:06 pm

Bonjour to the DaVinci Developpers. I'm using Davinci since v14 and I'm working on Fusion for 95% of my motion graphic projects.
Thanks for the last update, but there is some buges and quality of life problems that are quite frustating.

- In Color and Fusion tab, there is no vignette for fusion clips and fusion comp (All theses clips appears black in the last version and since a lot of updates)
- Can you add in Fusion Tab a way to move multiple merge position (or transform) in once. Currently we can select multiple tools, but we can move them on the composition one by one.
- Copy/Paste the width/height of a media to a Background (in fusion). For example, I am in a 1080p composition but I have a 2509x5403 picture. I would like to easly copy and paste the WH to a background without having to type it on the BG Image tab. I tried a copy paste settongs, but it doesn't work...
- When I use a fusion layout (Big view or big nodes...), the program doesn't load this layout when I go to other comps (It's a bug since the v17...). So sometimes my fusion tab is a mess, with 2 Splines editor, or some black inspector screen areas...
- We can't apply a Caracter Styling on a 3dText / We can't apply a folower when the Text+ has a 2+ shading...
- Can you add a button on the Spline and the Keyframe Editor to easely toggle the "Show Only Selected Tools"...
- Can you work on 3D Render to make them more efficient ? I'm on a Mac Ultra M1 and I still have low performances on 3D composition ?
- The Text node (not the Text+) dont get all of the fonts on my computer (Txt+ got them all)

Thanks for the hard work ! :D
DaVinci Editor and Fusion lover since 2017.
Live Director with ATEM Mini/Extreme/2ME Production 4K and Hyperdeck/Webpresenter products

xunile

Re: Please BM, can you fix these issues ?

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 6:18 pm

You can apply CLS to 3D Text with a bit of a workaround.

Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Jim Simon

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 9:17 pm

It's almost certain that BMD won't be updating any version before 18 ever again.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Sharuruu

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 9:24 am

Jim Simon wrote:It's almost certain that BMD won't be updating any version before 18 ever again.

Well, I don't need them to upgrade 16 or 17 but bring some minor improvements and fix some buges to the 18 that can improve editors and motion graphics artists work and ergonomics ;)
Live Director with ATEM Mini/Extreme/2ME Production 4K and Hyperdeck/Webpresenter products

Jim Simon

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 4:31 pm

You asked them to update version 14. That's unlikely.

Plus, bug fixes aren't really a Feature Request.

Finally, it's easiest for everyone to follow the conversation if there's just one idea per thread.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

yourmommahasfleas

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 4:36 pm

"since v14"
DVR (Studio) updated regularly -> Latest version
iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM
Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB + Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB
2TB SSD Samsung X5 HD for Cache/Project files

Sharuruu

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 5:26 pm

I'm using DaVinci Resolve since 2017 and I downloaded the last version V18.0.4 last week ("Thanks for the last update" + "(All theses clips appears black in the last version)"
Of course they will not update V14 :roll:
And of course I don't use the v14 anymore... Fusion was so laggy at this time + no fusion layout...

Plus I didn't asked to be moved to the Feature Requests category. I just want to spotlight some small bug fixes and improvments that, I think but maybe I'm wrong, can be easy to insert into this amasing tool.

"Finally, it's easiest for everyone to follow the conversation if there's just one idea per thread."
Sorry, i didnt wanted to start a talk with you Jim about what is right/what is wrong, just to put my ideas on that forum so maybe the DaVinci team can see that (that can explain the title "Please BM...").
But if you want to debate about that list and bring some ideas, feel free to add your opinion 8-)

Thanks

Sharuruu

PostFri Oct 07, 2022 1:59 pm

Another strange bug since a lot of versions:
I don't have access to all my font when I'm using Text node (When I'm using the text+, no problem) :cry:

Marc Wielage

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 3:35 am

Sharuruu wrote:Another strange bug since a lot of versions: I don't have access to all my font when I'm using Text node (When I'm using the text+, no problem) :cry:

Yep, that's a known bug. I have all the official Adobe Helvetica fonts installed, but I can only see 2 or 3 of them. It's maddening.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Sharuruu

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 2:16 pm

Another other strange display bug :
On the edit tab, into the mediapool panel, Thumbnail view mode on, if I wanna see some informations about medias with the "..."icon on the picture, the info window appears off screen if the media is on the bottom of the window.

Charles Bennett

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 4:00 pm

Is it a possible scaling issue? If you are using a 4k monitor with the scaling set to 150% there are one or two other windows that display this behaviour.
However I display the Media Pool on my HD monitors set to 100%, the info panel stays on the screen.
Attachments
Clip Info.jpg
Clip Info.jpg (227.85 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
Clip Info 2.jpg
Clip Info 2.jpg (189.46 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Sharuruu

PostTue Oct 11, 2022 8:43 am

Charles Bennett wrote:Is it a possible scaling issue? If you are using a 4k monitor with the scaling set to 150% there are one or two other windows that display this behaviour.
However I display the Media Pool on my HD monitors set to 100%, the info panel stays on the screen.

Thanks Charles for that info :D
Unfortunately I'm using a FullScreen Timeline so that workaround doesn't work for me.

Charles Bennett

PostTue Oct 11, 2022 11:31 am

Yes, I see it. That appears to be a bug in the Full Screen Timeline mode.
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

deezid

PostTue Oct 11, 2022 12:31 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:
Sharuruu wrote:Another strange bug since a lot of versions: I don't have access to all my font when I'm using Text node (When I'm using the text+, no problem) :cry:

Yep, that's a known bug. I have all the official Adobe Helvetica fonts installed, but I can only see 2 or 3 of them. It's maddening.

The regular text tool also crops some taller fonts. Super annoying.
Download my 55M Advanced Luts for the Pocket 4K and 6K and UMP12K here:
https://55media.net/55mluts/

Sharuruu

PostWed Oct 12, 2022 2:04 pm

Another bug to fix :
I'm used to work with remote versions when I'm grading projects.
Since the V.18.0.0, when I apply a grade on one clip, others clips of this media aren't update automaticaly. Nodes are here but I have to see all clips one by one to update them, and this is not the purpose of remote versions workflow :(

Do you have this issue too ?

Thanks BM Team ^^

Marc Wielage

PostThu Oct 13, 2022 7:09 am

deezid wrote:The regular text tool also crops some taller fonts. Super annoying.

Yeah, I've seen that as well, fonts cut off vertically.

eikonoklastes

PostThu Oct 13, 2022 10:39 am

I really hope Blackmagic pauses on feature updates for a couple of releases and starts putting some serious focus on the polish of the app, because as things stand now, it's pretty atrocious.

It was all well and good when they were actively adding modules - it was understandable that polish would come later, but honestly - it has been glacial.

There are chasms of inconsistencies between the modules/pages that need an overarching approach to start making the app feel cohesive, and there are so many small issues being left ignored for years that it's starting to become apparent that either Blackmagic have bitten off far more than they can chew software-wise, or that they don't actually care enough to get Resolve into shape, and are content with riding the coattails of Color's undisputed superiority in the industry, while they make money off their main hardware business.

Sharuruu

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 8:51 am

Another small bug on the v18.0.4b5 (on a two display/FullScreen Timeline layout) :
I have a logging timeline (for a city video presentation) and markers (with name and colors) to easly navigate between all the footage (1 marker = 1 topic). I use the "Edit Index" window to browse and find the marker I want for my editing.
After browsing, if I want to change marker's color, a wrong marker is displayed and i can't select it :?

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostThu Nov 10, 2022 3:23 pm

Sharuruu wrote:Another small bug on the v18.0.4b5 (on a two display/FullScreen Timeline layout) :
I have a logging timeline (for a city video presentation) and markers (with name and colors) to easly navigate between all the footage (1 marker = 1 topic). I use the "Edit Index" window to browse and find the marker I want for my editing.
After browsing, if I want to change marker's color, a wrong marker is displayed and i can't select it :?

I saw that happen in linux, if you park yourself on it an depress “m” you should get it back…
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Marc Wielage

PostSat Nov 12, 2022 4:10 am

Sharuruu wrote:Another small bug on the v18.0.4b5 (on a two display/FullScreen Timeline layout)

Does 18.1 fix this problem?

Sharuruu

PostMon Nov 14, 2022 7:35 pm

Nope.
For now, The only bug fixed is the Fusion Display Layout Issue
" - When I use a fusion layout (Big view or big nodes...), the program doesn't load this layout when I go to other comps (It's a bug since the v17...). So sometimes my fusion tab is a mess, with 2 Splines editor, or some black inspector screen areas... "

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests