Importing BRAW into Premiere

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

FastestGunInTheWest

Importing BRAW into Premiere

PostThu Sep 29, 2022 3:34 am

Hello!

I recently got a new laptop (Mac Pro Monterey, 12.5) and downloaded 2022 Premiere Pro.

I shot a project on a 4K BlackMagic Pocket, but the BRAW files are given an error when I try to import into Premiere.

I downloaded both the BlackMagic Cameras and BlackMagic RAW SDM applications, but both resulted in the same error.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this? How can I get my footage into Premiere?

Thank you!

Uli Plank

Re: Importing BRAW into Premiere

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 6:24 am

What about downloading DaVinci Resolve? It’s free.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

antoine

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 10:24 am

FastestGunInTheWest wrote:Hello!
I downloaded both the BlackMagic Cameras and BlackMagic RAW SDM applications, but both resulted in the same error.

When you install them, it should install the PrPro plugin to import .braw. There was a release recently, v2.7, maybe try v2.6 instead ? Otherwise we also have a 3rd party Blackmagic RAW importer and color grader for Premiere Pro and After Effects
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Uli Plank

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 6:06 pm

That one is by Autokroma and it works. Plus, they have great support.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

rNeil H

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 6:09 pm

Do you see the BM plug-in in the extensions list in Premiere? If not, it's not installed properly.

I left the BM plug-in and went to the Autokroma one over a year ago because of constant problems though.

Never had a problem with the Autokroma plug-in and they give better service than BM.

Even if you're using the BM plug-in the Autokroma site & help is better than BM for working in Premiere.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

antoine

PostMon Oct 03, 2022 7:44 am

Thanks guys. There is no "BMD Plugin" in any extension list : it's a Source Settings plugin so it won't appear in the Effects list, and they don't have any PrPro panel. One way to check is to import .braw and then check click right -> Properties on the footage, to see if it is using Blackmagic Design PrPro plugin. Or check if BMD plugins exist in the MediaCore folder (for example on macOS it is there
Code: Select all
/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

)
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production