Speed editor

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mettadas

Speed editor

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 6:30 pm

I am interested in the speed editor, but a little put off by the non-user-replacable battery in it. I don't like to buy products that will effectively be garbage when the battery dies.

I've searched the Internet for information about the lifespan of a lithium ion battery that is only recharged every couple weeks, and found widely conflicting information. Can anybody speak to this? How long would you expect the typical service life of a speed editor to be?

Frank.

Igor Riđanović

Re: Speed editor

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 8:47 pm

I can't imagine the battery is not replaceable. It would have to be PCB mounted, I've never seen anything like that. I bet it's possible to replace but may require some basic tools to open up the enclosure.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

mettadas

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 9:37 pm

Igor Riđanović wrote:I can't imagine the battery is not replaceable.

I actually asked BM, and they told me it is not user replaceable. That could mean, for example that it is glued in, or that replacement batteries are difficult to source.

Frank.

Dejan Špagnut

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 10:37 pm

You can also power and use it via usb cable, so it is not exactly garbage even with a dead battery.

Return to DaVinci Resolve