Layer based composition switch On Fusion Solution and People

• Author

Dany Dabra

Layer based composition switch On Fusion Solution and People

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 am

Layer bases composition switch in Fusion.
In the image, we can see In After Effect We can use Node base compositing With A EXTENTION Called MAGIC NODE
And It works very well u can almost do anything with it.
Screenshot (352).png
Screenshot (352).png (383.46 KiB) Viewed 688 times

PLEASE READ FULL AND SAY

My Request is,
let's say What resolve is doing When I drag A fusion composition on the Edit page and Go to the fusion Page, anything I create or make will reflect in the fusion composition on the Edit page RIGHT!!!

What IF, We add a Master Media POOL and Fusion composition on the fusion page and we can drag any video into the fusion With Adding Layer Compositing

We can switch between LAYER AND NODE COMPOSING.
@ We all know that Resolve can't figure out if I do something in node and how to convert it into Layer But Most of the features can be done like Tracking, Glow, MAsk, 3d cam movement and my more.
Screenshot (355).png
Screenshot (355).png (120.79 KiB) Viewed 688 times

But adding a Fusion composition on fusion will solve the problem.
Let's Say I am working on Layers of fusion but for one effect I want node bases compositing. I can drag a Fusion Composition to layer and double click and the node compositing opens for that fusion composition.

Give us a Layer based composition with Let's say the first 30% of the essential features of Total
Features on Fusion.

Don't get me wrong the backbone always will be nodes. But WE can switch when we needed
!!

I just rough edited to get u the idea and i think it will be the big move for resolve. All the Editor will switch to Resolve for its versatility..
I have seen Resolve Grow 14 To 18...I know we can do it
Bollywood Cinema Editor
AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5995WX
RTX 4090
256 GB RAM
20 TB Nas
8 TB SSD GEn 5

Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro

SONY FX 9

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Layer based composition switch On Fusion Solution and Pe

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 9:37 am

Resolve 18.1 allows you to set a media in node to background composite mode - using he composite below as a "layer".

Dany Dabra

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 9:37 am

I know it will be beneficial for Not Most But all the eDITOR ON THE ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

Please try to support and Discuss Blackmagic

@Marc Wielage @aindless @Charles Bennett
Bollywood Cinema Editor
RTX 4090
256 GB RAM
20 TB Nas
8 TB SSD GEn 5

SONY FX 9

Dany Dabra

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 9:40 am

I know but it's not truly Layer based right ?? Sir!!

I fully explained the thing and I know I am not a developer but it can be done with at least 40% of features from node to layer

Most of the features can be done like Tracking, Glow, MAsk, 3d cam movement, and more.

Adding a Fusion composition on fusion will solve the problem.
Let's Say I am working on Layers of fusion but for one effect I want node bases compositing. I can drag a Fusion Composition to layer and double click and the node compositing opens for that fusion composition.
Bollywood Cinema Editor
RTX 4090
256 GB RAM
20 TB Nas
8 TB SSD GEn 5

SONY FX 9

Hendrik Proosa

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 10:01 am

It is unclear what the actual problem is you want to solve? If it is complexity management, then mixing nodes and layers in contorted ways isn't a way forward. That AE noodling is an example of contorted mixup, it isn't actual nodegraph processing but a one-way translator from graph to precomp hell, meaning it is just a front-end not real reflection, with all the troubles coming from the approach.

Theoretically any graph can be represented as a baked set of layers and any layer setup can be represented as a live nodegraph, but how to actually implement it so it makes sense is hard task. The only upside layers have is time management, it is visually easier to capture temporal representations from layer or dope sheet kind of visual than nodegraph. So it actual reasoning is to have better time management I'd work on improving the dope sheet in Fusion. For editors who want to do simple comp, just work on edit page improvements, like enabling more effects and better management of alpha. Timeline in itself is already a layer stack, no need to reinvent the wheel.
I do stuff.

Rick van den Berg

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 6:35 pm

I'm really trying to understand what you are after with this, but i don't really see it.

but for one effect I want node bases compositing. I can drag a Fusion Composition to layer and double click and the node compositing opens for that fusion composition.

I mean isn't that what the rightclick -> open in fusion page already does? I feel like resolve already has the best of both worlds when it comes to combining layered and node based compositing. You can use a timeline full of layers, or selected individual layers inside a fusion composition, and a fusion composition inside a layered composition. Its really flexible. But things could be improved here and there of course.

by the way that magic nodes plugin looks really cool.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests