I had a BSOD while editing and settings gone

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Miika 'Muwex' Soini

I had a BSOD while editing and settings gone

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 11:01 am

Hi!
Subject line was too short for my whole thing but my problem started with BSOD while editing for my customer. (Heavy Fusion animations maybe reason)
Anyways!
Problem is that now all my settings are gone.
Like I just installed new copy on whole program. Like everything back to defaults.
Is there a way to roll it back like it was?
Mean all the pages are now way different than I am used to.
Favourites all gone (Effects)
I use dual screen and that setting was off and yeah like all back to start.
Been using DaVinci Resolve for years now and this has never happened to me and I have got my workflow in a good, my own way of having the pages on my monitors and all.
There would be heck a lot of work to get them all back like I would like it and remember them being.

So TLDR: How can I restore my Resolve back like it was before BSOD?

Thanks a lot!
While I wait for someone who know how to fix this, I am checking settings and everywhere how to fix this.
Google did not help me or I used wrong keywords.
EDIT: Version 18.1.1 Build 7
Ryzen 9 5700X
RTX 3080
Win 11

Rick van den Berg

Re: I had a BSOD while editing and settings gone

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 11:15 am

since version 18 the presets are at the right upper corner (the 3 dots) in the project settings. maybe it's over there?

by the way, it can't be that much work to get the windows back the way you want it right? that's the one big advantage of a non-flexible layout like the one of resolve

Miika 'Muwex' Soini

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 11:27 am

Rick van den Berg wrote:since version 18 the presets are at the right upper corner (the 3 dots) in the project settings. maybe it's over there?

by the way, it can't be that much work to get the windows back the way you want it right? that's the one big advantage of a non-flexible layout like the one of resolve

Thanks!
I will check that.
Since I did not find a way to make it "Restore" back how it was, I started making it like it was and just like you said, it seems like it is not so much work, but still I SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO IT :roll:
Anyways anger to the side, hope they can have someway to back up the settings in the future for like someone with way more different load-outs and has the same problem...
Edit: Oh that was for project settings... They are fine, like all my projects are fine but the programs settings / preferences, windows and favourites not.
Ryzen 9 5700X
RTX 3080
Win 11

Miika 'Muwex' Soini

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 11:35 am

So for more info, what settings/stuff stay after BSOD:
- Projects (which is like most important since that is like all the works, anyways I would have had back up of those)
- Keyboard binds
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20221209-125204.zip
Logs after
(174.32 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Ryzen 9 5700X
RTX 3080
Win 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve