Atem mini issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mattbedit

Atem mini issues

PostWed Jan 25, 2023 4:31 am

Has anyone got a fix for the constant need to power cycle the Atem mini for it to work correctly?
I do a lot of remote editing, feeding my mini monitor output to an atem mini that feeds OBS, Teams or Zoom. Unfortunately, for as long as I can remember, the signal has stopped working regularly but is remedied only by a power cycle on the Atem mini. Am I best to go the AJA u-tap route for more reliability? I'm keen for thoughts and experiences. I am always running latest software/firmware which has never resolved the issue.

Jim Simon

Re: Atem mini issues

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 5:03 pm

I don't think that's normal. My own experience with the Mini Pro and Extreme is that a malfunction needing a power cycle is pretty rare.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Raphaël Jacquot

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 3:07 pm

mattbedit wrote:Has anyone got a fix for the constant need to power cycle the Atem mini for it to work correctly?
I do a lot of remote editing, feeding my mini monitor output to an atem mini that feeds OBS, Teams or Zoom. Unfortunately, for as long as I can remember, the signal has stopped working regularly but is remedied only by a power cycle on the Atem mini. Am I best to go the AJA u-tap route for more reliability? I'm keen for thoughts and experiences. I am always running latest software/firmware which has never resolved the issue.

I "fixed" mine by cleaning dust bunnies inside...

BennoZ

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 3:46 pm

I have the same, both my Mini Pro and Extreme sometimes need a power cycle because the USB output shows black video sometimes. There’s a thread about it somewhere on this forum. Yesterday I had a two seconds audio delay on my Extreme. A power cycle did solve it. They’re not very reliable.

Return to Live Production