Can't Open .db Files from Recovered Resolve Disk Database

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MattPrice

Can't Open .db Files from Recovered Resolve Disk Database

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 6:15 am

My computer crashed, but I was able to copy the harddrive. I found the Resolve Disk Database, and luckily, all of my projects and their .db files were in there.

A YouTube video has instructions on how to load .db files. but when I followed the instructions, only a couple of projects showed up.

I have the newest version of Resolve on my computer now, but I had been using a slightly older version. (Although, it may have been Resolve 17, I'm not entirely sure.)

Any idea how I can force DaVinci to locate these projects? Thanks!

Michel Rabe

Re: Can't Open .db Files from Recovered Resolve Disk Databas

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 1:50 pm

I think there was a database upgrade between 17 and 18, may that be the cause?

John Paines

Re: Can't Open .db Files from Recovered Resolve Disk Databas

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 2:11 pm

Explain exactly what you did. The main thing -- the only thing, really -- is locating the db folder and connecting it. If it was the default db folder, you'd want to rename it as well, so as not to conflict with the default db name of the new installation.

If the version you just installed has since updated the db format, you'd be prompted to "upgrade". Before you did that, you'd want to make a back up copy, of course.

Return to DaVinci Resolve