Suggestions for updating Mini Panel

• Author

bilalahmedec

Suggestions for updating Mini Panel

PostSun Nov 14, 2021 7:45 am

1- After the 17.4.1 update, many elements have been added to the program, from the option to track forward and backward, we demand in addition to the Mini Panel

2-Here it is preferable to add the HDR option to primary instead of user

3- As for the color warper, it can be added in the user option or within the primary options

Bilal Ahmed Habib
Certified Trainer BMD
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (731.64 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 8.29.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 8.29.35 PM.png (101 KiB) Viewed 1930 times

Daniel Stuebner

Re: Suggestions for updating Mini Panel

PostTue Nov 23, 2021 10:08 am

I am adding my requests for the Mini Panel here. Thankks in advance for listening ;-]

- A preference if we would like the HDR or Primary Tool on the 'Primary' button would be nice

- Please fix the Temp & Tint controls changing primary parameters when on HDR Offset mode. In addition the HDR Global parameters are a bit scattered and need constant page switching. I think that can be more elegant (both screens and encoders for Global or Zones).

- We need more control over the sensitivity of the wheels, balls and encoders. E.g. exposure in HDR tools are extremely slow while offset is fine or noise reduction parameters are extremely over-sensitive while isolation params are a bit slow.

- I second the request to somehow integrate the color warper into the panel (user menu)

- An option to use the 1 through 15 secondary functions on the right upper buttons (long press or hold-home-button-for-shift) would be dope to direct select nodes

Greetz
Head of Color @ Postproduktion V3

TR 2950 | 64GB | 2080Ti | 4K extr. 12G | LSI 9270

Marc Wielage

PostMon Nov 29, 2021 1:42 am

I think these are all good ideas. +1.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

pedermorgenthaler

PostThu Feb 10, 2022 6:55 pm

I second the request to change the behavior of the first two wheels while in Offset mode in the HDR panel. The third wheel correctly maps to the Global Exposure control as expected, but the first two wheels map to the Temp and Tint controls from the Primary panel, not the HDR panel. Logically they should map to the Temp and Tint controls in the HDR panel instead. Adjusting Temp and Tint feels much better using the colorspace-aware math in the HDR panel, and the wheels are much more intuitive than the knobs for this operation.

It would also be nice to have access to the Color Warper somewhere on the panel, likely under User.

Lee Niederkofler

PostTue May 24, 2022 6:57 am

All good ideas, though I prefer thata the primary button stays where it is now.

Maybe douple press primary to go to HDR, that would be easier and fast then to press User/HDR.

PLEASE FIX:
The sensitivity of the global (offset) color ball in HDR is WAY to sensitive on the mini panel. Please make the sensitivity similar to the offset ball in the primary mode. It is almost unusable as it is now.

tyesamson

PostThu May 26, 2022 4:56 am

Hi BMD if you are reading this :)

After years of lurking, I am making my first ever post in the forum to beg you to make these above changes to the Mini Panel mapping.

ESPECIALLY please, when the Mini panel is in Offset mode on the HDR panel, please map the temp/tint controls to the HDR version of temp/tint rather than using the old version of temp/tint. I adore the new temp/tint, and it's awesome that you mapped the third wheel to Global Exposure when on the HDR panel! However, the current mish-mash of tools is painful. Please finish the job by mapping the first and second wheel to HDR's temp/tint.

Thank you :D

Mbeare

PostWed Oct 26, 2022 9:17 pm

+1
Gigabyte Aero D | Intel 13900K 5.3GHz AIO | 128GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance | RTX 4090 Drivers 551.23 | 2x 4TB Firecuda 1x 8TB MP600 System, Cache & Working.

Micro & Mini Panel
Decklink Studio 4K E12G(12.5.1)
Resolve 18.6.2B2
Windows 11 10.0.22631

tyesamson

PostTue Jan 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Any word on changing the Mini's rings in Offset mode to use the HDR temp/tent when on the HDR palette?

This would be such a massive daily QOL improvement for me!

tooobitobsen

PostWed Jan 18, 2023 2:53 pm

it would also be cool to have more FX subpages for longer dctls or OFX plugins. Why would you limit it so much? But cool to be able to have it mapped, though.

mattfezz

PostWed Jan 18, 2023 10:20 pm

Dolby Vision SDR trim controls.

Seems baffling to me that this is only available on the advanced panel.
Mac Pro 7,1 | 3.2Ghz 16 Core | 192GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, Radeon RX 6900XT | Ultrastudio 4K Mini
macOS 14.3.1 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 | Desktop Video 12.3.1

matthewblacklock

PostWed Mar 15, 2023 6:04 pm

tyesamson wrote:ESPECIALLY please, when the Mini panel is in Offset mode on the HDR panel, please map the temp/tint controls to the HDR version of temp/tint rather than using the old version of temp/tint. I adore the new temp/tint, and it's awesome that you mapped the third wheel to Global Exposure when on the HDR panel! However, the current mish-mash of tools is painful. Please finish the job by mapping the first and second wheel to HDR's temp/tint.

I also second this request for the Mini & Micro panel, super annoying to have it applying some adjustments in one tool (offset, contrast/pivot, sat) but temp/tint apply in a different tool.

Also a way to set HDR or Primary as the default/preferred operators if you want to make primaries adjustments while in another tool. i.e. My custom curves are the active tool, but I choose to make an adjustment using the contrast knob - I want to prioritize whether that contrast adjustment is made in the Primaries or HDR palette.

Mbeare

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 7:19 am

matthewblacklock wrote:
tyesamson wrote:ESPECIALLY please, when the Mini panel is in Offset mode on the HDR panel, please map the temp/tint controls to the HDR version of temp/tint rather than using the old version of temp/tint. I adore the new temp/tint, and it's awesome that you mapped the third wheel to Global Exposure when on the HDR panel! However, the current mish-mash of tools is painful. Please finish the job by mapping the first and second wheel to HDR's temp/tint.

I also second this request for the Mini & Micro panel, super annoying to have it applying some adjustments in one tool (offset, contrast/pivot, sat) but temp/tint apply in a different tool.

Also a way to set HDR or Primary as the default/preferred operators if you want to make primaries adjustments while in another tool. i.e. My custom curves are the active tool, but I choose to make an adjustment using the contrast knob - I want to prioritize whether that contrast adjustment is made in the Primaries or HDR palette.

All of the above especially this! + 1
Gigabyte Aero D | Intel 13900K 5.3GHz AIO | 128GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance | RTX 4090 Drivers 551.23 | 2x 4TB Firecuda 1x 8TB MP600 System, Cache & Working.

Micro & Mini Panel
Resolve 18.6.2B2
Windows 11 10.0.22631

Mbeare

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 8:07 am

Also if the Offset can please de-select when you push the LOG key, or an option to select this behaviour.

Micro & Mini Panel
Resolve 18.6.2B2
Windows 11 10.0.22631

Pat Inhofer

PostTue Apr 11, 2023 3:52 pm

+1 on this!
Patrick Inhofer
Colorist | Owner
MixingLight.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests