New Laptop for Streaming

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

raver

New Laptop for Streaming

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 am

Hi

we are looking for a new Laptop (Windows) for Streaming 3 Streams to new.livestream with an ATEM 2M/E

I7 2670QM is to slow for 3 streams

Any suggestions which will really work

Liam Kennedy

Re: New Laptop for Streaming

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 pm

What do you mean "three streams"? Do you mean where you select the presets that can send HD, Medium and Low?

I use a laptop with a similar processor and it streams to the new livestream just great. Did it a few weeks ago and streamed in 720p (and other lower resolutions).

However we were streaming direct from the TVS's h.264 output via USB2. You could also use the standalone H.264 Pro Recorder with the 2 M/E - however I have not personally tested that - it should work identically to the TVS. The device will just show up as a "certified device" in the Livestream Producer Software.

How are you getting the program out video into the Livestream producer software on your laptop?

What happens when you stream? Is the CPU too high?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

raver

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 pm

we stream from an ATEM 2M/E with USB3.0

we want to stream HD+Medium+Mobile

after a short time CPU goes to high

the stream often is jerky

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 pm

racer wrote:we stream from an ATEM 2M/E with USB3.0. We want to stream HD+Medium+Mobile. after a short time CPU goes to high. The stream often is jerky

Ahh right. Yep the USB3 is providing the full uncompressed video from the 2ME. I think that is where the issue is and the laptop is simply chocking at all that data. If all you are really wanting to do is stream to the new livestream you would probably do good to get the H.264 pro recorder. It worked like a charm for me (with the TVS). CPU was mostly below 25% on my Fujitsu NH751 laptop and I was streaming that same configuration.

Actually when I was configuring my gear and considering whether to get the 1ME or the TVS... I ended up getting both - as that gives me some backup if something were to go wrong with the 1ME... and the TVS also does the H.264. The TVS is "only" a little bit more $$$ than getting the Pro Recorder. That was my thinking anyway.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production