Cloud Store and Google Sync (it's working...but is it?)

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

timhickson1

Cloud Store and Google Sync (it's working...but is it?)

PostWed Sep 20, 2023 2:46 pm

Does anyone know what the expected behavior of the Google Sync on the Cloud Store is? There's zero information about it in the user guide (other than how to turn it on).

I'm specifically wondering how often is the system checking to confirm that what's in the Cloud Store Sync folder is also on the Google Sync folder? If it finds an updated version of a file is it overwriting the existing version on Google?

I'm asking because we started a sync on our 80TB Cloud Store and the folder was large to start with (10T), so it's taken a week but the sync says it has completed (cool). HOWEVER anything that's been added to that Cloud Drive sync folder during the week that the original sync was happening, HAS NOT been synced to the Google Drive (not cool).

Any insight out there on how it's supposed to behave?? Are there magical settings at either end that we should be playing with?

timhickson1

Re: Cloud Store and Google Sync (it's working...but is it?)

PostThu Sep 21, 2023 2:27 pm

Update: The Cloud Drive software now has a red Error message next to the google sync. Thats it. No way to find out what the error is. No suggestion on how to rectify. Nothing. Super helpful

Uli Plank

• Warnings: 1

Re: Cloud Store and Google Sync (it's working...but is it?)

PostMon Sep 25, 2023 8:55 am

I'd contact support directly.
My desaster protection: export a .drp file to a physically separated storage regularly.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.7, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5 with 19b5 (sandbox)
SE, USM G3

Return to Post Production