Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Group being made invisible when Canvas is placed

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

DrizzyRascal

Group being made invisible when Canvas is placed

PostFri Sep 22, 2023 4:18 pm

Feel like this is an odd one as I have done it before but its usually more straight forward.

I have a group full of paths, imported from an SVG.

I have tried this multiple ways but my SVG is inside a 12026 x 2628 window, I do not wish to change this inside a graphic design software, just because the SVG has two components, that logo and text and I would rather the SVG contain both and I remove the paths as I see fit.

As you can see in the image, if I draw my group straight to my media out it shows the image, but in those odd dimensions, however I want it to go inside a 1920x1080 window, where I can add other elements to my fusion composition. However when I add a background node as seen in the image, it makes my media out (viewport 2) invisible. I just want to be able to have to put other elements within the 1920x1080 screen but whenever I add a background it makes it disappear, viewport 1 is on my transform, but this happens without a transform too, its like having another background just messes with it entirely.

Please help!

DrizzyRascal

Re: Group being made invisible when Canvas is placed

PostFri Sep 22, 2023 4:19 pm

If people can't see the image: https://ibb.co/djDXm3z

Sander de Regt

PostFri Sep 22, 2023 6:42 pm

I am not sure what your issue is. If the original image is 5 times as wide as the image (the BG) that it's going on top of, it probably means that the image is put somewhere offs-creen.
Just for fun if you go to the transform tool and in the size field you type in 1920/12026 what happens then?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

DrizzyRascal

PostFri Sep 22, 2023 10:54 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:I am not sure what your issue is. If the original image is 5 times as wide as the image (the BG) that it's going on top of, it probably means that the image is put somewhere offs-creen.
Just for fun if you go to the transform tool and in the size field you type in 1920/12026 what happens then?

If I do that, nothing happens, i checked to see if its off screen as that was my first though, but no. Not sure if its a glitch.

Return to Fusion