BMCC SDI problem

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

nikotaro

BMCC SDI problem

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 2:28 pm

My SDI out died :( anyone knows how many days will BMD take to repair it????? i still have warranty from BMD.

E Lawes

Re: BMCC SDI problem

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Out of interest what were you outputting the SDI to and/or what happened when the SDI failed?
http://www.1-4-4.com/
https://vimeo.com/production144
@1l4l4

nikotaro

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 7:58 pm

I was sending Signal to the SDI monitor and ones suddenly the signal disappeared :(
i have tested with several monitors and with Blackmagic Ultrastudio 3D, No signal :( from my second BMCC signac goes everywhere.

João Gomes

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Same happened to me. My BMCC sdi out burned my cineroid's sdi in and burnt itself... I sent it in 3 weeks ago and still no response. I'm really pissed off.
B&H already sent me a new Evf but now i have to pay 350€ for customs. Thanks BlackMagic.
Cameraman/Editor

Nikolay Smirnov

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 9:19 pm

João Gomes wrote:Same happened to me. My BMCC sdi out burned my cineroid's sdi in and burnt itself... I sent it in 3 weeks ago and still no response. I'm really pissed off.
B&H already sent me a new Evf but now i have to pay 350€ for customs. Thanks BlackMagic.

what cineroid model were you using?

And were you powering it from small battery like canon or from external V-mount/Gold mount battery?
DoP/Colorist
FADE Post-production

João Gomes

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Nikolay Smirnov wrote:
João Gomes wrote:Same happened to me. My BMCC sdi out burned my cineroid's sdi in and burnt itself... I sent it in 3 weeks ago and still no response. I'm really pissed off.

what cineroid model were you using?

And were you powering it from small battery like canon or from external V-mount/Gold mount battery?

I was using the EVF 4RVW Retina display. It worked fine for one month, all of a sudden it stopped working, just the SDI IN.
Cameraman/Editor

Guy Bleyaert

PostThu Apr 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Same problem we have with the BMCC in the middle of shooting a feature film. The SDI went dead after updating latest firmware. Does anyone know how to remove software and install the older, that might help , it must be a software problem.
Guy Bleyaert “ Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. ”

Return to Cinematography