Resolve 16 Beta Problems

• Author

Robert Wiklund

Re: Resolve 16 Beta Problems

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 11:50 am

Hi,

Running DaVinci Resolve 16 Beta on Mojave 10.14.15 beta 2 with AMD Vega.

Setting the graphics card manually to use OpenCL or Metal, enabling GPU Scopes - I see no scopes at all. Turning off GPU Scopes - scopes show.

John Avenoso

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Looking for control surfaces and then crash. Windows completely updated and latest AMD video card drivers loaded.
Windows 10 Pro 1709 Build 16299.192
i7-6800K w/Corsair H80i V2 Water Cooler
AMD R9-290x W/Corsair H75 Water Cooler
Ram 16.0 GB

Ron Pestes

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 4:18 pm

PieroLass wrote:The same here...stasera, arrive at "looking for control surface" and dv16 goes down...

I had this problem with v15. It was caused by my Corsair headset usb3 connection. When I unplugged it, Resolve launched just fine.
Gigabyte Aero 15 Laptop
GeForce GTX 1070 Max Q
I7-8750H
16G RAM
Win 10 Home

Irakly Shanidze

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Robert Wiklund wrote:Hi,

Setting the graphics card manually to use OpenCL or Metal, enabling GPU Scopes - I see no scopes at all. Turning off GPU Scopes - scopes show.

I have exactly the same problem with Vega 64. Disabling GPU scopes brings it back to normal. On MacBook Pro 2017 with Radeon Pro 560 this bug does not show up.
Leica SL/BM Video Assist 4K, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16
Mac Pro 6,1 6-core 3.5GHz • 32GB RAM • Dual AMD FirePro D700
Sonnet Breakaway Box 550 • PowerColor Radeon Pro Vega 64

Rick van den Berg

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:
Rick van den Berg wrote:the whole ''more'' reliable thing about the new fusion page doesn't really go for me so far. some things seem faster but still alot of crashes. like rightclick on viewer and save image causes a crash repeatedly

Could you provide a link to your diagnostic log archive Rick? Could you also list a more comprehensive hardware and driver profile?

Thanks for replying. I will try to do some further testing when im back home and i'll keep you informed.

skaman.tx

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Irakly Shanidze wrote:
Robert Wiklund wrote:Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with Vega 64. Disabling GPU scopes brings it back to normal. On MacBook Pro 2017 with Radeon Pro 560 this bug does not show up.

Same problem here on PC. Disabled "Use GPU scopes" in preferences and all now show up.
Windows 10 Pro ■ Davinci Reslove 16 beta
I9-7900X ■ 64GB Ram
Dual GTX1080ti in SLI

Darren Abate

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Irakly Shanidze wrote:Another bug: qualifier does not seem to work. It chooses correct color/saturation/luminance numbers, but the mask covers the whole image.

I'm having this issue as well. When working in YRGB Color Managed mode, the qualifier shows that it picks the right sample but it is not selected in the frame. Switching to non-color managed YRGB mode fixes the problem.

I've seen another strange behavior when using plugins in a color-managed project, and that is when a plugin is applied to a node it will use the input color space instead of the output color space. So, if I'm working on SLog footage in a Rec709 timeline, the scopes will switch to the original log information when the plugin is applied. So, I'm just not using the color management option for the time being.

jamie_fenn

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Jesus, I could read this topic for ever...

You think they would put out something that was somewhat reliable before giving it to the public.

I guess its a nice way to get people to work for free as beta testers instead of hiring more professionals in house XD

Darren Abate

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm

jamie_fenn wrote:Jesus, I could read this topic for ever...

You think they would put out something that was somewhat reliable before giving it to the public.

I guess its a nice way to get people to work for free as beta testers instead of hiring more professionals in house XD

For what it's worth, I don't mind some bugs in an app that is released as a Public Beta; it's the best way for BMD to get real feedback from people who use the software all day, every day. In all honesty, Resolve 16 PB has been rock solid for me except for the one issue I posted about.
-------------------------------------
Darren Abate - Cinematographer & Colorist
http://cinema.camera
@NewCineCentral

northcreative

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 pm

northcreative wrote:Using 29.97 sequence within a 23.98 project... playback is stuttering and the monitoring is constantly flipping between 23.98 and 59.94i - especially on some transitions (push).

The workaround is to manually change the monitoring settings to the sequence format in the project settings.

Tom Early

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm

jamie_fenn wrote:I guess its a nice way to get people to work for free as beta testers instead of hiring more professionals in house XD

How do you think they would pay for those additional in-house testers... ?
MBP2016, MacOS 10.14.3, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3,
Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB, Resolve Studio 16.0.017

ArtBell

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Early adopter i know. And m 'usually god' but pulled the trigger too fast before I knew there is no going back tp 15 from 16. Mac Mojave - slow start up sometimes NO start up, Generally will not quit, have had to force close the mac 3 times... once up and running feels fine, but i so wish i had not started a new project being unable to downgrade to 15.

We re good at process and workflow so ...we have issues.
I play hockey & surf. This is my side gig.

Jeff Brass

PostSun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm

jamie_fenn wrote:Jesus, I could read this topic for ever...

one of the big problems for any software company is the shear number of different computer builds that the software may run on. different CPU, MB, GPUs, RAM, OS, driver versions, running/competing software, how people use it, etc etc.

personally I think the BMD public beta system is fantastic. It allows users to try at their own discretion new features and report back bugs, issues, have input to feature changes - and be listened to.

Adobe have no such program, and will actively shut down users that have problems, refuse to admit to bugs or problems, and choose to listen and build on the workflow of a few select bug name pros.

And BMD are doing this at a price point that kills the competition. People just need to understand and respect the word BETA, this is put out in the public in TESTING situation. Embrace it :)
Win10 Pro x64 | i7 5930k| 32GB RAM |GTX 1080 8gb | Mini Monitor | DR Studio 15.2.3

Irakly Shanidze

PostMon Apr 22, 2019 5:15 pm

ArtBell wrote:Early adopter i know. And m 'usually god' but pulled the trigger too fast before I knew there is no going back tp 15 from 16. Mac Mojave - slow start up sometimes NO start up, Generally will not quit, have had to force close the mac 3 times... once up and running feels fine, but i so wish i had not started a new project being unable to downgrade to 15.

We re good at process and workflow so ...we have issues.

You don't have to downgrade. Just rename the 16 folder into something like Davinci Resolve 16, install 15 alongside and start a new project there.
Leica SL/BM Video Assist 4K, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16
Mac Pro 6,1 6-core 3.5GHz • 32GB RAM • Dual AMD FirePro D700
Sonnet Breakaway Box 550 • PowerColor Radeon Pro Vega 64
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve 16 BETA