Canon Camera Gets Cropped When Displayed on ATEM

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

blinkingangel

Canon Camera Gets Cropped When Displayed on ATEM

PostThu Sep 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,

After a few problems, I finally got a multi camera set up working on the ATEM Television Studio HD. I'm very pleased because I feel like I'm so near to achieving what I want. Only problem now I'm hitting is when I connect my Canon EOS1300Ds to the ATEM Television Studio HD via a Mini HDMI to HDMI it crops the image around it. It's showing the display on the camera monitor rather than what it's recording. Is there any way of switching to use the recording output rather than the monitor output?

Thanks very much,

Mark

robertsmu

Re: Canon Camera Gets Cropped When Displayed on ATEM

PostThu Sep 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Page 182 of the manual for that camera:

Playback and TV Connection
If you connect the camera to a TV set with an HDMI cable and shoot a movie at [1920x1080] or [1280x720], the movie being shot will be displayed in a small size on the TV set. The movie will still be recorded in the movie-recording size that was set.

If you connect the camera to a TV set and shoot a movie, the TV set will not output any sound during the shooting.

So it is a camera issue, not an ATEM issue.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Welcome to the world of DSLR. ;) A lot of DSLR's have no Full screen, clean output.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 1M/E 4K, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Hyperdeck Studio Mini, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

blinkingangel

PostFri Sep 13, 2019 2:49 pm

The problem is more the BlackMagic HyperDeck Studio Mini HD is recording the monitor rather than what the camera is actually recording i.e not the lens view, it's recording the monitor view. So at the moment it's recording all the display functions.

Denny Smith

PostFri Sep 13, 2019 6:03 pm

I doubt the Canon Rebel has a clean feed, check the camera menu, HDMI out, to see if you can do this. Otherwise, what you see is what you get. ;)
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production