setting duration or start/end for timeline item

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

tin921

setting duration or start/end for timeline item

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 pm

is it possible to change the duration of an media item on a timeline?

i know there is a TimelineItem:GetDuration(), but there is not a TimelineItem:SetDuration() ?

i know there is a MediaPool:AppendToTimeline(clip), but nothing like MediaPool:AppendToTimeline(clip, duration) ?

or the create timeline from xml import, can i have duration in the xml? is there any sample?

i am looking to overlay a bunch of slide[##].png on a video in order. i want to just manually set markers, then fill another video track with the PNGs of different durations based on those markers. is it possible to do it with scripting?

please help, thank you!

antoine

• Warnings: 1

Re: setting duration or start/end for timeline item

PostWed Apr 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering the same.

Also, how do you insert the clip wherever you want in the timeline (start, end, in, out, playbackSpeed) and on the video tracks and audio tracks you want ? (AppendToTimeline() doesn't have this kind of arguments)
BRAW Studio for Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder) : www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/

Now comes with a brand new Source Settings Panel (like Lumetri) with batch modifications and others cool features ! youtube.com/watch?v=w4REl_U8K6c

Return to DaVinci Resolve